Illinois International Advisory Committee
The Illinois International Advisory Committee will play a critical role in the development of the campus strategy for globalization. This committee will advise the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies on a range of international issues.
The committee will meet twice per semester with the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies (VPIAGS), to provide updates and to confer on critical developments as the process unfolds. Sub-committees will be formed and meet more often to deliberate on assignments specific their respective teams. The committee will provide periodic updates as the strategic planning process unfolds, which will be available on this page. The following are the responsibilities of this committee:
- Develop and implement an inclusive and consultative process to engage and garner input from key campus stakeholders regarding the campus globalization strategy.
- Collaborate actively with the VPIAGS to identify institutional priorities that will inform the development of the campus globalization strategy.
- Draft the globalization strategy and provide a copy to the VPIAGS by mid-Spring 2017 semester, which will be vetted by appropriate campus stakeholders during the remainder of the Spring 2017 term.
- Provide a final draft of the globalization strategy to the VPIAGS by early Summer 2017, which will be submitted to the Provost and Chancellor.
- Advise the VPIAGS on a range of international issues across campus.
- Rakesh Bhatt, Professor of Linguistics, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Andi Cailles, Assistant Director for Residential Life
- Clara Chu, Professor & Director of Mortenson Center for International Library Programs
- David Cooper, Associate Professor & Director of Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Peter Constable, Professor and Dean, Veterinary Medicine & member of the Council of Deans
- Jerry Dávila, Professor & Director of the Lemann Center, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Melissa Edwards, Director of Research Communications, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Margereth Etienne, Professor & Associate Dean for Graduate and International Programs, College of Law
- Boyi Guo, Graduate Student
- Prasanta Kalita, Professor, College of ACES & member of the Council of Undergraduate Deans
- Maryam Khademian, Graduate Student
- Kenneth Long, Graduate Student
- Ben Lough, Associate Professor & Master of Social Work Program Director, School of Social Work
- Osamu Miyawaki, Undergraduate Student
- Robert Pahre, Professor & Department Head, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Beth Scheid, Assistant Chief Information Officer, Technology Services
- Molly Tracy, Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
- Erol Tutumluer, Professor & Director of International Programs, College of Engineering
- Madhu Viswanathan, Professor, College of Business
- Alex Winter-Nelson, Professor & Director of the Office of International Programs, College of ACES
- Allison Witt, Director of the Office of International Programs, College of Education
- Angharad Valdivia, Professor, College of Media
- Deanna McDonagh, Professor, College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Four Strategic Pillars;
- Curriculum Development;
- International Student Integration;
- Integration of International Experience into Curriculum;
- Intentional Fundraising;
- Revenue Generation to Support International Initiatives;
- Alumni Relations Beyond Development and Fundraising (Recruitment, Research);
- Define and Clarify Joint and Dual Degrees with Partners Abroad;
- Elevate our International Presence on Campus and Abroad (Campus International Building/Center), and
- Global Offices.
Questions about the committee may be directed to staff representative, Amy Hubbard