Global Relations facilitates institutional agreements between the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and other universities, governmental agencies, non-governmental organizations, and private corporations. These agreements create an environment where innovation can move freely across geopolitical, cultural, disciplinary, and academic borders. In addition, they offer a variety of services to all members of the campus community who are engaging on a global scale.
Core Activities & Services
- Facilitate institutional agreements. Information on submitting a request for a new agreement or renewing/amending an existing agreement may be found on the Institutional Agreements page.
- Coordinate on-campus visits for international guests. From visiting scholars to dignitaries, we offer comprehensive visitor services to colleges and departments. Please contact email@example.com for assistance. For details on the campus COVID-19 protocol, please visit the COVID-19 visitor webpage before your visit.
- Issue official invitation letters for visiting scholars and officials. Some visas may require an official letter of invitation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter.
- Administer international protocol resources and etiquette services. If you are traveling internationally, our team can provide guidance on business best practices and general etiquette as well as an overview of the university's footprint in the region. We also maintain a large selection of country flags which may be rented for campus programming by submitting the Flag Request Form.
- Offer funding opportunities for faculty through the BRIDGE Seed Grant. BRIDGE refers to the strategic partnership between the university and the University of Birmingham in the U.K. The grant application is made available in the spring.
- Provide administrative management of key strategic partnerships. Learn more about our strategic partnerships.
- Provide Fulbright Scholars Program support for faculty.