Opened in December 2013, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign’s Shanghai Office operates as a natural extension of the Illinois-China partnership, serving students, faculty, staff, and alumni through outreach, protocol, and career activities.
- Receives in-country logistical support for travel and meetings in China related to university business;
- Establishes career connections in globally recognized companies for graduates and alumni of university degree programs;
- Identifies opportunities to recruit students from China to university programs;
- Develops collaborations with academic and corporate connections in China, and
- Connects individuals with active university alumni networks in China.
The Shanghai Office works diligently to ensure that new graduates have the best opportunities available in the global marketplace when they leave the university and invest a great amount of energy in fostering relationships and securing strong ties with some of the best companies in the world.
Top company placements include: Abbott, Alibaba Group, Apple, Bosch, BP, Caterpillar, Chemtura, China Minsheng Bank, Fosun Group, GE, Honeywell, HP, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG, MARAZZI Group, Pingan Assets Management, Red Fortune Wealth Management, Shanghai Futures Exchange, Shanghai General Motors, Shanghai Shimao Group, Shanghai Stock Exchange, Unilever, United Imaging, and more.
If you are part of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and want to know more about how the Shanghai Office can advance your priorities and goals, please contact: Matt Rosenstein.
If you are a corporation, prospective or current student, partner university, or alumni seeking assistance in China, please contact the Shanghai Office.